Traditional all bran muffins have been given a plant based makeover, in these easy vegan bran muffins. This healthy and delicious breakfast muffin can be even more fun with the addition of your favorite mix-ins. Try adding raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, chocolate chips, or diced apples. Your imagination is the limit!
I loved the traditional All Bran Muffins that I had growing up. So of course, I had to do my best to make a vegan-ized version of that very special treat.
The easy vegan bran muffins are one of my favorite make-ahead breakfast recipes. They're quick and simple to throw together over the weekend, and have breakfast ready all week long.
These vegan bran muffins are:
- Super healthy!
- Packed with fiber
- Ready in just 30 minutes
And did I mention that they're totally delicious too?
Tips & Tricks
Wheat Bran - I used this wheat bran from Bob's Red Mill. But you can use your favorite brand.
Flour - I used a whole wheat flour for my vegan muffins, as it's a bit healthier. But you can also substitute all purpose flour and the recipe works just fine.
Ground Flax Seed - Don't skip the flax seed in this recipe (I used this brand!). When mixed with the liquid in the recipe, the flax seed works like a sort of glue to hold the batter together. It helps take the place of the eggs in the original recipe.
Non Dairy Milk - I used almond milk in this recipe, but you can substitute any kind of dairy free milk that you prefer. Soy milk and oat milk both work very well.
Try experimenting with your favorite mix-ins. Add ¼ cup of any of these to your batter for a fun treat. The combinations are endless!
My favorite mix-ins are:
- Chocolate Chips
- Diced Apples
- Dried Berries (like cranberries or blueberries)
- Nuts (like almonds or walnuts - chop them up first!)
- Sunflower Seed
Happy cooking !
Vegan Bran Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line muffin tins with liners.
- In a stand mixer, combine the flour, wheat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the almond milk, applesauce, ground flaxseed, and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into the muffin tins, and bae for 22-25 minutes. They are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.