I just love this simple smoothie starring kale and banana. It goes down so easy, and it's especially good with frozen banana. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Kale and Banana Smoothie
I just love this simple smoothie starring kale and banana. It goes down so easy, and it's especially good with frozen banana.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 large banana frozen if desired
- 3 to 4 kale leaves lacinato or curly
- ¾ cup vanilla nondairy milk rice, hemp, or almond
- ½ cup mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until velvety smooth. Divide between two tumblers and serve at once.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 9091IU | Vitamin C: 117mg | Calcium: 275mg | Iron: 4mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.