Here’s a pleasing combination for a green smoothie — kale and pineapple, with the added cleansing benefit of cucumber. Prepare to be refreshed and hydrated! This makes about two 12-ounce servings. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Kale, Cucumber, and Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 cup diced fresh or canned pineapple
- 1/2 medium or 1 small sweet apple
- 4- inch piece cucumber (leave peel on if unwaxed
- 3 to 4 kale leaves curly or lacinato
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds or chia seeds optional
- 1 cup mango or pineapple juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until quite smooth. Divide among two tumblers and serve at once.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.