This sweet delight is so beautiful it’s a shame to eat it ... but we know you’ll find a way. This recipe was the result of dreaming of summer days. We wanted something bright and cheery in color and sweet and tangy in flavor, and the final product is exactly that! Recipes and photos from Rawlicious at Home: More than 100 Raw, Vegan, and Gluten-Free Recipes to Make You Feel Great ©2014 by Angus Crawford and Chelsea Clark. Published by Appetite/Random House Canada. Reprinted by permission.
Serves: 8; Eight 21⁄2-inch tarts or one 10-inch pie
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, not soaked
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 21⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (from regular or key limes)
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon psyllium
- Unsweetened shredded coconut or fresh berries for garnish
For the crust, place the almonds in a food processor and process until ground, like crumbs. Add the coconut, coconut oil and a pinch of salt and combine.
Divide this mixture between eight 21⁄2-inch tart pans or a 10-inch pie pan.
For the filling, place all of the filling ingredients, except the coconut oil, psyllium and shredded coconut in a blender and blend at high speed until completely smooth.
Add the coconut oil and psyllium and blend to combine. Pour over the crust and chill in the fridge uncovered for at least 1 hour.
To serve, garnish with shredded coconut and a thin sliver of lime peel.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s No-Bake and Raw Sweets.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
Leave a Reply