This garlicky lemon-flavored broccoli bowl is a hearty dish that can be enjoyed warm or cold. Try it with a little side of hot sauce. If using untoasted almonds, if you’d like, you can soak them overnight in water, then rinse well.
Chef Tip: You can give the sauce an ethnic kick by adding in a little Thai or curry paste when blending or your favorite raw sauce.
Cooked Option: Steam vegetables gently or serve them with cooked quinoa.
- Here are more healthy and tasty broccoli recipes.
Recipe and photo from Raw and Simple by Judita Wignall. @2013 Quarry Books, reprinted by permission.
Lemony Garlic Broccoli Bowl
This garlicky lemon-flavored broccoli bowl is a hearty dish that can be enjoyed warm or cold.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 4 to 6
- ⅔ cup raw tahini paste
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 5 cups broccoli florets cut into small bite–size pieces
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Cover broccoli in hot water for several seconds then plunge it into cold water. This will soften it and make it more palatable.
- Mix vegetables and almonds in a large bowl and serve with tahini dressing.
- Stored separately, Tahini dressing will keep for one week and broccoli bowl mixture will keep for two or three days in the refrigerator.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 661mg | Potassium: 892mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6121IU | Vitamin C: 124mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 4mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Leave a Reply