This garlicky lemon-flavored broccoli bowl is a hearty dish that can be enjoyed warm or cold. Try it with a little side of hot sauce. If using untoasted almonds, if you’d like, you can soak them overnight in water, then rinse well. Recipe and photo from Raw and Simple by Judita Wignall. @2013 Quarry Books, reprinted by permission.
Lemony Garlic Broccoli Bowl
- 2/3 cup raw tahini paste
- 2 ⁄3 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 5 cups broccoli florets cut into small bite–size pieces
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Cover broccoli in hot water for several seconds then plunge it into cold water. This will soften it and make it more palatable.
- Mix vegetables and almonds in a large bowl and serve with tahini dressing.
- Stored separately, Tahini dressing will keep for one week and broccoli bowl mixture will keep for two or three days in the refrigerator.
Chef Tip: You can give the sauce an ethnic kick by adding in a little Thai or curry paste when blending or your favorite raw sauce.
Cooked Option: Steam vegetables gently or serve them with cooked quinoa.
- Here are more healthy and tasty broccoli recipes.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!