This Maple Glazed Pineapple will really sweeten up your summer. Serve it up for dessert or as a side for your next meal.
The flavor of maple syrup marries well with pineapple, especially glazed right into the surface. If you like pineapple, you're sure to enjoy this nearly instant dessert! It's particularly appealing when made with canned organic pineapple mini-rings.
How to Make Maple Glazed Pineapple
- Heat plant butter, syrup, and cinnamon in skillet.
- Drain and add pineapple.
- Cook until pineapple is glazed.
- Add dried fruit & remove from heat.
- Serve as desired.
Full directions for how to make Maple Glazed Pineapple are in the printable recipe card below.
Maple Glazed Pineapple FAQs
Can I use a sweetener other than maple syrup?
You can use any kind of sweetener that you prefer! Agave syrup works well, and you can also melt some sugar in the pan and use that.
Does it matter what shape the pineapple is in?
You can use any shape and size of pineapple that you would like! Just make sure to get all the sides coated with maple syrup before you put the pineapple in the pan to glaze. I love using pineapple rings, but cubes are also nice.
Maple Glazed Pineapple
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance or other vegan buttery spread
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon or to taste
- 3–3 ½ cups diced fresh pineapple or two 15oz cans pineapple chunks or slices, drained
- ¼ cup dried fruit cranberries, cherries, blueberries, raisins, etc.
- optional toppings vanilla coconut yogurt, granola, and/or toasted chopped nuts
- Heat the Earth Balance in a medium skillet until melted, then stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Drain the pineapple well (save the juice for another recipe—smoothies, popsicles, etc.) and add to the skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the pineapple is nicely glazed and golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the dried fruit of your choice and remove from the heat. Transfer the mixture to a serving dish. Allow to cool.
- Serve fruit mixture warm or at room temperature. Top each serving with any or all of the optional toppings as desired.
Photos by Rachael Braun.