These brown rice cereal bars, filled with seeds and dried fruit, are super-quick to make and provide a nutrient-dense treat that tastes decadent. My gosh, these are yummy, if I do say so myself! No baking or machines required, just a bit of patience as they set up in the refrigerator.
Makes 9 or 12 squares
- ½ (scant) cup brown rice syrup
- ½ cup cashew butter or other nut butter (peanut, almond, etc)
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal (I use the Erewhon brand)
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds or pepitas (salted or not)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds or 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
Combine the rice syrup and cashew butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a slow simmer, then stir or whisk together until well blended.
Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients; stir to combine completely.
Transfer to a lightly oiled 8 by 8 or 9 by 9-inch baking pan. Score into 9 or 12 pieces (it’s easier to cut while still warm!). Place the pan in the refrigerator until set, about an hour or so. If you’re impatient, go for it sooner than that, but expect some stickiness to prevail!
- Here are more No-Bake and Raw Sweets.