A friend who grew up in the western part of North Carolina contributed this tasty cole slaw recipe, which is enlivened by a hint of pickle relish.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 ½ cups packed finely shredded white cabbage
- 2 ½ cups packed finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ⅓ cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 scallions, minced
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl. Adjust the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
Serve at once, or refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.