Give this healthy treat of nut-butter and cashew-stuffed dates a try when you need to whip up something quick for your family or guests. Simple but quite delicious! Photos by Evan Atlas. Contributed by Amy Hemmert and Tammi Pelstring, from Laptop Lunches. Makes 24 pieces, 2 to 4 halves per serving.
- 12 dates (any type is fine, or try Medjool)
- ¼ (approximately) cup cashew or peanut butter
- 24 whole cashews (roasted or raw - or 24 halves if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded coconut
- Cut dates in half lengthwise and remove the seed. Fill date halves with cashew or peanut butter.
- Place whole cashew or cashew half on filled date.
- Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Explore VegKitchen’s selection of flavorful snacks and dips.