Spring’s early greens, including baby bok choy, arugula, and watercress cross paths with the last of the cold season’s small oranges in this easy and delectable salad. Recipe from Wild About Greens. Photos by Susan Voisin.
Serves: 4 to 6
- ½ English (hothouse) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 small oranges (such as clementines), peeled and sectioned
- 2 big handfuls young arugula leaves
- 1 baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch watercress leaves
- 1 cup green sprouts (such as pea shoots)
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or sunflower seeds, as desired
- Juice of ½ orange
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon each lemon and orange zest, or more to taste,
optional (but highly recommended)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl. Toss together and serve.