Enjoy this Roasted Vegetable Soup with Tiny Pasta anytime you're craving some comfort food. It's got pasta, veggies, and delicious spices!
It might be offbeat, but roasting vegetables in the oven before adding to a simmering soup results in a sweet, smoky flavor. Tiny pasta shapes add a bit of heft. This soup is takes the edge of hunger, but leaves room for your meal.
Serve this soup by itself or with some fresh bread. If you want, you can serve this soup as a side to some vegan meatloaf or even enchiladas! It really goes great with anything.
How to Make Roasted Vegetable Soup with Tiny Pasta
- Preheat oven.
- Mix veggies in a bowl with olive oil.
- Lay out on roasting pan and roast.
- Cook pasta.
- Add noodles to vegetable broth.
- Add roasted veggies and remaining ingredients.
- Heat, season, and serve.
Full directions for how to make Roasted Vegetable Soup with Tiny Pasta are in the printable recipe card below.
Roasted Vegetable Soup with Tiny Pasta FAQs
How long does this soup last?
This soup can last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to keep it in an air-tight container, and you'll want to reheat it on the stove or in the microwave before re-eating.
Can you freeze this soup?
This soup can be frozen, but you will just need to know that the pasta will have a different texture after being reheated. Of course, it will be mixed into the soup, so it may not bother you.
Try some of VegKitchen’s other Soulful Soups.
Roasted Vegetable Soup with Tiny Pasta
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 2 large celery stalks sliced on the diagonal
- 8 baby carrots quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium turnip peeled and diced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms or crimini mushrooms; sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tiny pasta such as mini-shells, ditalini, or orzo
- 32 oz container low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh parsely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the bell pepper, celery, carrots, turnip, and mushrooms in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, and stir together.
- Transfer the vegetables to a lightly oiled roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are touched with brown spots. Stir once or twice during this time.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 cups water to a boil in a small soup pot.
- Add the pasta, then simmer steadily until al dente, about 8 minutes—don't drain.
- Once done, immediately pour noodles into the vegetable broth and leave off the heat.
- Once the vegetables are done, stir them into the soup along with the fresh parsley and dill.
- Return to the heat until well heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Leave a Reply