In our home, cauliflower is a favorite vegetable, right up there with kale and broccoli. We're more than glad to have it simply steamed, but pan-roasting it and adding dried tomatoes and basil is an easy way to dress it up.
Pan-Roasted Caulflower with Dried Tomatoes
- 1 medium or large head cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup oil-packed sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sliced fresh basil leaves optional
- Combine the cauliflower with ½ cup water in a large skillet or stir-fry pan.
- Cover and steam over medium heat until tender but still firm, about 8 minutes.
- Drain any water from the pan, then stir in a little of the oil from the sun-died tomatoes. Turn the heat up to medium-high, and continue to cook until the cauliflower is touched here and there with brown spots, stirring often.
- Stir in the dried tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper, top with basil if desired, and serve.
Per serving: 78 calories; 4g fat; 70mg sodium; 9g carbs; 3g fiber; 2g protein
- Here are more recipes for cauliflower and broccoli.