Rice pudding is a comforting dessert that has been around since ancient times. But this Pineapple Rice Pudding recipe gives the classic treat a new life with some tangy fruit!
Kids of all ages can enjoy this updated comfort food as a snack or dessert. You can even serve this pudding packed in a thermos in your lunch box! This rice pudding is made with brown rice, almond milk, and—for extra fruity flavor—crushed pineapple.
When I want to get cozy, I prefer rice pudding over pretty much any other dessert. But I can also go for a decadent bread pudding, too, like this extra sweet and creamy Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Pudding.
Scones are another great, old-fashioned treat. These Peanut Butter and Jam Scones aren't quite as sweet as pudding, but they still make for a great treat. Alternatively, a cup of delicious Vegan Gingerbread Hot Chocolate can keep you warm and comfy, too!
How to Make Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Combine rice with water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the water is absorbed.
- When water is evaporated, add almond milk and simmer until absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve pudding warm or at room temperature.
Full directions for how to make Pineapple Rice Pudding are in the printable recipe card below.
Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Combine the rice with 2 ½ cups water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer gently until the water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- When all water is evaporated, stir in the almond milk, and simmer until absorbed.
- Remove rice from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Divide the rice pudding among 4 serving dishes. Sprinkle each with a little extra cinnamon and serve warm or at room temperature.