This Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich is so easy it can be ready in under 1 hour. Here is a vegan recipe that even carnivores will love!
Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich
This Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich is so easy it can be ready in under 1 hour. Here is a vegan recipe that even carnivores will love!Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 can young jackfruit
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce store-bought
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix all slaw ingredients in a bowl and reserve in the refrigerator.
- Drain and rinse the pieces of young jackfruit,.
- Fray the jackfruit pieces to form filaments. Chop the jackfruit hearts finely.
- Cook the onion in a little oil until browned. Add the garlic powder and stir.
- Add the jackfruit and BBQ sauce. Cook for another 30 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Heat the hamburger buns to your preference, then assemble the burgers
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.