This Vegan Pumpkin Bread is perfect for Fall! Packed with delicious pumpkin spice flavor, it makes a tasty snack or a fantastic holiday gift.
This vegan pumpkin bread is one of my all time favorite Fall treats. It's so simple to make, totally delicious, and I usually have all the ingredients on hand to start with.
I typically bake this recipe in three mini loaf pans (like these), so I can keep one for my family and gift the others to friends. They make a nice gift to bring when visiting friends and relatives over the winter holidays.
These pumpkin breads are also a great family-friendly treat, full of nutritious ingredients, to make and enjoy at home. A mug of hot cocoa is the very best companion for this pumpkin bread, but tea will work too.
If you love this vegan pumpkin bread, be sure to check out these other tasty ideas:
Vegan Pumpkin Bread (Mini Loaves!)
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree fresh or canned
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp safflower oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice or apple juice, more or less as needed
- ⅔ cup raisins or currants
- ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the first 6 (dry) ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- In another bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, syrup, and oil and whisk together until smooth. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Stir together until completely mixed. If the batter is too stiff to mix, add a very small amount of juice to loosen it a bit, but let it should remain thick.
- Stir in the raisins or currants, walnuts or pecans, and optional chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between 3 lightly oiled mini loaf pans (mine are 6 by 3 inches).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of one tests clean.
Leave a Reply