Ranch dressing is challenging to find ready-made in a dairy-free vegan version, so this simple and versatile recipe comes to the rescue. As a dip, this is great with raw veggies; as a dressing, use on green salads, slaws, pasta salads, and potato salads. This makes about a cup of dressing or dip. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- ⅔ cup plain coconut yogurt (or one 6-ounce container
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 2 tablespoons) or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning blend (such as Frontier or Mrs. Dash)
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. If you plan to use this as a dressing, add ¼ cup water. If you plan to use it as a dip, add 1 tablespoon water. Either way, whisk together until smooth
- To use as dressing, transfer to a tightly lidded cruet or bottle. If using as a dip, leave in the bowl to serve. Shake or stir well before each use.
- See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.