Ranch dressing is challenging to find ready-made in a dairy-free vegan version, so this simple and versatile recipe comes to the rescue. As a dip, this is great with raw veggies; as a dressing, use on green salads, slaws, pasta salads, and potato salads. This makes about a cup of dressing or dip. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Vegan Ranch Dressing or Dip
Ranch dressing is challenging to find ready-made in a dairy-free vegan version, so this simple and versatile recipe comes to the rescue.Print Pin Rate Email
- ⅔ cup plain coconut yogurt (or one 6-ounce container
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon about 2 tablespoons or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning blend such as Frontier or Mrs. Dash
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. If you plan to use this as a dressing, add ¼ cup water. If you plan to use it as a dip, add 1 tablespoon water. Either way, whisk together until smooth
- To use as dressing, transfer to a tightly lidded cruet or bottle. If using as a dip, leave in the bowl to serve. Shake or stir well before each use.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.
How long will this keep for?
Kris, it should keep for several days in the fridge.
Karine Givogue says
I want to become a vegan but I absolutely love yogurt ...what are my options?
Hi Karine — the only really decent alternative to dairy yogurt is coconut yogurt. I do think it's very good, though it tends to be a bit pricey. I think almond milk yogurt has made an appearance on the market, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm sorry to say this but I think soy yogurt is vile. Good luck!
This sounds good can't wait to try it; so glad I found this page 🙂
Newbie Vegan- trying to find recipe for DRY Ranch mix. HELP!
Kimberly Ann Mele says
Where can I buy coconut yougurt