This recipe for Roasted Potatoes and Tomatoes with Rosemary makes an appealing side dish for winter holiday meals or company dinners. The dish's mellow flavor is always welcome at the table. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Roasted Potatoes and Tomatoes with Rosemary
- 6 medium red-skinned or yukon gold potatoes scrubbed
- olive oil as needed
- 4 –6 firm ripe, small flavorful tomatoes, such as plum (Roma)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried, or to taste
- minced chives as desired
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Oil a large round, oval, or rectangular shallow baking dish. Arrange the potato slices in overlapping rows. Drizzle lightly with more olive oil. Cover with a lid or foil and bake until just tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until the potatoes are starting to brown.
- Slice the tomatoes about ¼ inch thick. Remove the baking dish from the oven and arrange the tomatoes over the potatoes in any way you'd like.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes, or until the potatoes are completely tender on the inside and crisp around the edges and the tomatoes have softened.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the rosemary, chives, salt, and pepper. Serve at once.
Per serving: Calories: 134; Total fat: 1g; Protein: 2g: Carbs: 27g; Sodium: 13 mg
- Here are more easy, tasty potato recipes.