This Spiced Summer Fruit Salad is ideal for late summer, when the season's fruits are no longer at their peak of flavor and can use a bit of assistance. Choose from the best of what's left of the season—berries, stone fruits, and melons.
Delicious and refreshing are the words that come to mind when I make this sweet salad! Serve it as a mid-afternoon snack, as a dessert, or alongside some tasty rolls, veggies, and veggie barbecue.
How to Make Spiced Summer Fruit Salad
- Remove pits and slice large fruits.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill or serve right away.
Spiced Summer Fruit Salad
This Spiced Summer Fruit Salad is ideal for late summer, when the season's fruits are no longer at their peak of flavor and need some spice!Print Pin Rate Email
- 6–7 cups fresh summer fruit choose a variety of strawberries, cherries, blueberries, melons, peaches, plums, grapes, nectarines, etc.
- 1–1½ cups vanilla nondairy yogurt coconut or soy
- ⅓ cup dried fruit currants, raisins, dried cranberries, or dried cherries
- 2 tbsp agave nectar to taste
- 1 tsp ginger grated fresh or jarred
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fresh nutmeg ground or grated
- Pit and dice any stone fruit. Leave small berries whole. Remove hulls from strawberries and cut them in halves or quarters if large.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and chill before serving, or serve right away.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 862IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Leave a Reply