This Spiced Summer Fruit Salad is ideal for late summer, when the season's fruits are no longer at their peak of flavor and can use a bit of assistance. Choose from the best of what's left of the season—berries, stone fruits, and melons.
How to Make Spiced Summer Fruit Salad
- Remove pits and slice large fruits.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill or serve right away.
Spiced Summer Fruit Salad
- 6–7 cups fresh summer fruit choose a variety of strawberries, cherries, blueberries, melons, peaches, plums, grapes, nectarines, etc.
- 1–1½ cups vanilla nondairy yogurt coconut or soy
- ⅓ cup dried fruit currants, raisins, dried cranberries, or dried cherries
- 2 tbsp agave nectar to taste
- 1 tsp ginger grated fresh or jarred
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fresh nutmeg ground or grated
- Pit and dice any stone fruit. Leave small berries whole. Remove hulls from strawberries and cut them in halves or quarters if large.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and chill before serving, or serve right away.