Here are easy, tasty vegan barbecue recipes (great for any vegetarian, too) for grilling vegetables, tofu, tempeh and seitan. Create your own BBQ fireworks with alternative protein foods and vegetables that take on an entirely new taste dimension on the grill. Grilling is more art than science. It may take a few rounds to get the knack of working with whatever grilling equipment you have, be it a fancy gas-powered unit or a simple outdoor electric grill. Remember, though, that expensive equipment is not necessary to create a tasty outdoor meal.
The following barbecue recipes are fairly easy and straightforward. They're perfect for vegans and vegetarians just starting to experiment with outdoor grilling.
- Grilled Eggplant Teriyaki
- Grilled Ratatouille
- Grilled Pepperonata with Vegan Sausage
- Grilled Portabella Popeye Club Sandwiches
- Easy Grilled Portabella Burgers
- Grilled Tempeh, Green Beans, and Pineapple
- Grilled Pineapple
- Grilled Asparagus with Spring Onion-Radish "Butter"
- Grill-Roasted Peppers
- Grilled Radicchio Salad
Marinades and Relishes
- Quick Sweet and Savory Grilling Sauce (shown above)
- Olive Oil-Lemon Marinade
- Teriyaki Marinade
- Spicy Coconut-Lime Grilling Sauce
- Red Onion Relish
- Cucumber Raita
- Tangy Dijon Sauce