This offbeat grilling sauce is great for basting or marinating kebabs of tofu, tempeh, seitan; it's also delicious on eggplant and corn headed for the barbecue. Recipe by Adair Moran, from Main Street Vegan* by Victoria Moran and Adair Moran, © 2012, Tarcher/Putnam.
Makes about ⅔ cup
- ½ cup regular or lite coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (less if you prefer it mild)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 limes, cut into wedges
Mix all the ingredients except the lime wedges together in a bowl.
Brush your kebabs (or marinate your ingredients briefly) with the sauce and skewer the lime wedges to the kebabs before grilling.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.
- Explore VegKitchen's Vegan Barbecue page for lots of recipes for grilled veggies, plant proteins, and tasty marinades.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
Leave a Reply