Who doesn’t love home fries? Laura Theodore came up with this tantalizing version that’s easy to make for any meal of the day. There’s a little heat and a lot of zest. Recipe and photos by Laura Theodore, from Vegan-Ease: An Easy Guide to Enjoying a Plant-Based Diet. Published by Jazzy Vegetarian LLC, © 2015, reprinted by permission.
Spicy Baked Home Fries
- Preheat the oven the 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Put the potatoes, onions and olive oil in a large bowl and toss to coat. Put the chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the spice mixture to the potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Spread the potatoes and onions in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until soft on the inside and golden on the outside, turning with a spatula halfway through baking.
- Cool slightly and add more salt, as desired. Serve warm.
Per serving: 248 Calories; 5g fat; 1g saturated fat; 6g protein; 14mg Sodium; 48g carbs; 6g sugars; 4g fiber
JAZZY VEGETARIAN Season FIVE
Premieres MAY 4TH, 2016 on the CREATE Network!
TASTE Award-Winning Season! “Best Health and Fitness Program, Food and Diet”
Filled with fabulous, “ved-ucational” guests, and plenty of jazzy-licious, plant-based recipes!
Jazzy Vegetarian SEASON FIVE, starring Laura Theodore, premieres MAY 4th, 2016 on the CREATE Network! The award-winning season is filled with fabulous, “ved-ucational” guests, and plenty of jazzy-licious, plant-based recipes. From Sunday Brunch to a Garden-Fresh Dinner, Laura Theodore cooks healthy, delicious food for family and friends.
Beginning May 4th, Jazzy Vegetarian airs on CREATE every Wednesday (8:30AM EST and 2:30PM EST) and Sunday (8:30 AM EST). Learn more about the show here.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!