This green delight — a smoothie featuring the green goodness of spinach and sprouts with the sweetness of pineapple — offers ultimate refreshment, and the coconut water is immensely hydrating. It's great over a couple of pieces of ice if the day is very warm. Bottoms up!
Makes about two 12-ounce servings
- 1 heaping cup pineapple chunks (preferably fresh)
- 1 or 2 handfuls clean baby spinach
- Handful of green sprouts (such as sweet pea shoots)
- 12 ounces coconut water
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, optional (but highly recommended!)
Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until completely smooth. Serve at once.
- Here are more of VegKitchen's recipes for green smoothies.