Short and sweet—that's what you get from these Vegan Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Muffins. They're a perfect summertime breakfast, dessert, or snack!
These vegan and gluten-free strawberry muffins aren’t overly sweet and make for a great breakfast on the go. They remind me of quaint little strawberry shortcakes!
Pair one of these tasty muffins with a creamy smoothie for breakfast. You can also serve one as dessert after a refreshing dinner of lasagna and salad (or any dinner really). Or just have one muffin on its own for a mid-afternoon snack!
How to Make Vegan Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
- Preheat oven and prep 16 muffin cups.
- Mix together sugar and wet ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Fold strawberries into dry mixture.
- Gradually add wet mixture to dry mixture.
- Fill muffin cups with batter and bake until golden.
- Let cool, then serve!
Full directions for how to make Vegan Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Muffins are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Vegan Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Muffins FAQs
Can I use fruit other than strawberries?
You can use pretty much any kind of fruit you want in your muffins. Just make sure to chop it up beforehand if it's bigger than a raspberry. I would personally love to try this recipe with peaches!
How long will these muffins last?
These muffins will have a shorter shelf life depending on what kind of fruit you put in them. With strawberries or other large fruit that you needed to chop first, the muffins will get soggy more quickly than with small berries. You can store these muffins in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Explore more of VegKitchen’s recipes for Gluten-Free Vegan Baking.
Vegan Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1-½ cups nondairy milk
- ⅓ cup strawberry soy yogurt
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups superfine brown rice flour
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ¾ cup potato starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease or line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the sugar, olive oil, nondairy milk, and yogurt.
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, baking powder, brown rice flour, sorghum flour, potato starch, and xanthan gum.
- Fold the chopped strawberries into the dry mixture and stir to coat.
- Gradually add in the wet ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Fill the muffin cups with about ⅓ cup batter and bake for 22–25 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Reprinted from Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats* by Allyson Kramer (Fair Winds, © 2012), by permission of the author.
Visit Allyson Kramer at Manifest Vegan—a great site featuring lots of gluten-free vegan recipes.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!