Whip up a batch of these Vegan Granola Bars for a simple and hearty snack option. They are loaded with creamy peanut butter, quick oats, rice cereal, dried fruit, coconut, nuts, and more. Even better, these tasty bars don't contain preservatives the way storebought bars do.
This vegan bar is going to fuel your body, satisfy you, and leave you happy. Learn how easy it is to make your own granola bars!
Also, here are a few more snacks to try out. Try my oat flour banana bread, carrot cake bliss balls, or even these bran muffins.
This Vegan Granola Bars recipe is...
- Nutrient rich
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
How to Make Vegan Granola Bars
- In a saucepan, melt peanut butter, syrup, oil, and cinnamon.
- Once smooth, remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a prepared 9x9 pan and press down firmly.
- Let the bars set up, then slice and serve.
Full directions for how to make Vegan Granola Bars are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Tips & Tricks for Vegan Granola Bars
Prep Your Pan
I like to line my pan with parchment paper. This will allow you to lift the cooled granola bars out of the pan to slice them easily. If you don't line your pan, the bars can be tricky to remove.
Press Down Bars
Use the bottom of a cup to really press the bars together in the pan. This will help the mixture to all stick together. If you don't press it well, the granola bars may fall apart.
Variations to Vegan Granola Bars
Instead of using peanut butter, swap it out for your favorite nut butter. Just remember that other nut butters tend to be a lot softer than peanut butter, so maybe use a bit less of another nut butter.
I used pecans and sunflower seeds in my granola bars. You are welcome to change out the nuts to any kind you want. Walnuts, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, etc. would all work great!
I used dried cranberries in my bars, but dried blueberries, strawberries, or other fruit would also be tasty.
Agave or other liquid sweeteners could be used to replace the maple syrup in this recipe if you would prefer. They all should work the same way.
Vegan Granola Bars FAQs
How long does it take the granola bars to set up?
You will want to chill your granola bars for at least 2–4 hours before you slice them. The bars need time to cool down, as the hot peanut butter mixture will be too runny to stick together.
How should I store these granola bars?
These bars will need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Since there aren't any preservatives in these bars, they will become too soft and spoil if left on the counter.
Can you freeze these granola bars?
These granola bars can be frozen. Just place them in a proper container or freezer bag. Then you can freeze them for 3–4 months. Simmply thaw the bars in the fridge the night before you plan to eat them.
Does this granola bar recipe double well?
You are more than welcome to double this recipe. Just use a 9x13 pan if you decide to double the granola bars.
More Vegan Recipes
If you love these vegan granola bars, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
Vegan Granola Bars
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- In a large saucepan, melt peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon over low heat.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in the oats, rice cereal, cranberries, pecans, flaked coconut, and sunflower seeds.
- Stir until everything is coated in the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined 9x9 square dish and press down firmly.
- Allow bars to cool completely in the fridge before slicing into your bars.
- Store your granola bars in an airtight container in the fridge.
- It's important to pack the bars very tightly. You can use a measuring cup or the bottom of a glass to get the bars very condensed.
- Store granola bars in the fridge, otherwise they will not stay in bar form.
- These bars can easily be customized to suit your preferences; as long as there is a total of 1 ½ cups of mix ins, you don’t have to use the exact ones mentioned in the recipe.
Leave a Reply