Slice and serve up this Oat Flour Banana Bread as a delicious breakfast or dessert. This banana oat bread is easy to throw together and makes your home smell incredible!
If you're craving a big slice of vegan banana bread, this recipe is the answer! It only takes a few simple steps to whip up. Plus, this banana bread is freezer-friendly so you can make a big batch for later too.
I love eating slices of this banana bread covered in nut butter or drizzled with a fresh berry sauce. If you're serving your banana oat bread as a dessert, you could even top it with a scoop of dairy free ice cream!
This Oat Flour Banana Bread recipe is…
- Freezer-friendly (great for meal prep!)
The oat flour keeps this recipe gluten-free and gives it a wonderful depth of flavor and texture. This has quickly become one of my favorite vegan baking recipes.
Making Oat Flour Banana Bread
- Preheat oven and grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry and wet mixtures together.
- Pour batter into the pan, and bake.
- Let cool, then slice and serve.
Detailed directions and measurements for this Oat Flour Banana Bread are in the printable recipe card below.
Tips & Tricks
Use Ripe Bananas
Like any banana bread recipe, using very ripe bananas is key. You will find using extra-ripe bananas will give your banana bread that rich banana flavor, and the perfect texture.
Lumps Are Okay
When working with bananas, mashing them up is key. It's okay if there are a few smaller lumps of banana in the batter. Just make sure that all the other ingredients are well mixed.
I recommend using a loaf pan for this recipe. I used a 9"x5" pan, but you could also make mini loaves for gifting! Just bake the mini loaves for a shorter amount of time.
Grab some vegan-friendly, dark chocolate chips to stir into your oat flour banana bread. Just fold them into the batter right before baking, and bake as normal.
You can add a swirl of this vegan Nutella, peanut butter, or any other nut better to your banana bread. Just add around ¼ cup of nut butter to the batter in the loaf pan, then use a knife to swirl in into the batter.
Dice up some dried fruit to mix in the batter for added flavor. Dried cranberries would be a really great pairing with this banana bread. You could even try adding some dried blueberries or strawberries!
How do you make flax eggs?
To make a flax egg, mix one tablespoon of ground flax seed and two tablespoons of water together and let it sit for 5–10 minutes. During this time, the mixture will thicken, and become a binder for the recipe.
Can you freeze banana bread?
You can freeze any bread you don't plan to eat right away. Place the loaf in a freezer bag or container and store for 2–3 months in the freezer.
When you're ready to eat your bread again, you can thaw it in the fridge or on the counter at room temperature.
Why is my bread brown on top but raw in the center?
Because banana bread is very moist, it may take longer to cook in the middle. If you find the top of your bread is becoming too brown, place a tent of aluminum foil over the top of your loaf pan. This will help prevent the top from burning while the center of your bread continues to cook.
If you love this oat flour banana bread, check out these other delicious recipes:
Oat Flour Banana Bread
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 medium bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp + 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, quick oats, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the bananas, canola oil, brown sugar, flax eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Some banana lumps are ok.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the banana mixture into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 60–70 minutes, or until the loaf is a nice golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.