Add a dash of spookiness to your Halloween spread with these fang-tastic Vegan Halloween Cupcakes! Bursting with sweet flavor, these creepy-cute treats not only look good but taste amazing, and they're 100% vegan-friendly.
Halloween is one of my all time favorite holidays! Our decorations go up on October 1st without fail, and we love getting into the spirit of the season with Fall festivals and pumpkin themed everything.
But somehow I have failed to keep up with the Halloween themed recipes around here. So let me make that up to you with these simple and delicious Vegan Halloween Cupcakes.
These cupcakes are:
- Spooky and sweet.
- An easy, family friendly Halloween treat.
- Ready in just about 30 minutes.
- 100% vegan!
Get creative with the decorations!
You can use any Halloween themed sprinkles or candies of your choice – just be sure to check the label to make sure they are really vegan. Halloween cupcake liners are a fun touch too!
Cool before frosting
Cool the cupcakes completely before applying the frosting, so it doesn’t melt!
Coloring the frosting
Start with a small amount of food coloring and gradually add more until the desired shade of orange is achieved. For a more professional look, use a piping bag to apply the frosting in big swirls!
Gluten-Free Vegan Halloween Cupcakes
Substitute the all-purpose flour with a 1:1 gluten-free baking flour blend.
Chocolate Vegan Halloween Cupcakes
Add ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to your dry ingredients for a chocolate version.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Add a teaspoon of pumpkin spice to the dry ingredients and top the frosting with crushed vegan ginger snap cookies.
Coffee Flavored Cupcakes
Replace half the almond milk with strong brewed coffee and decorate the cupcakes with dark chocolate shavings along with Halloween sprinkles.
More Tasty Vegan Ideas
If you love these Vegan Halloween Cupcakes, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
Vegan Halloween Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
For the Orange Vegan Frosting:
- Halloween-themed sprinkles vegan friendly brand
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the almond milk, oil, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Evenly divide the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the vegan butter until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vegan orange food coloring a little at a time until you achieve your desired shade.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, pipe or spread the frosting onto the cupcakes using a knife or a piping bag.
- Top each frosted cupcake with vegan-friendly Halloween-themed sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy your spooky Vegan Halloween Cupcakes!