Two of my favorite superfoods, sweet potatoes and raw cacao, are whipped together to make a delicious treat! This one passed by all my testers, young and old! Not only does this scrumptious dessert satisfy a sweet tooth, it will leave your skin glowing! Both sweet potatoes and raw cacao are two of the best foods you can consume for radiant skin! Recipe and photos contributed by Cristina Cavanaugh, from Begin Within Nutrition.
- 2 sweet potatoes (baked and chilled ahead of time)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, at room temperature
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Raw cacao nibs and mint for garnish, optional
Peel the skins off of the baked sweet potatoes and discard.
Add flesh of the sweet potatoes, raw cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt to a food processor. Whip until light and fluffy.
Garnish with cacao nibs and fresh mint.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Chocolate Desserts.
Erin King says
Sweet potatoes vary so much in size, are these small or medium sweet potatoes? Thanks.
Sadhna Grover says
This is amazing, what a good idea of sweet dish with sweet potato. Thanks for sharing.
Louise Galaska says
Re sweet potato chocolate pudding. What size/weight sweet potatoes please.
Louise, the author of this recipe didn't specify, but I suspect that medium-sized sweet potatoes are sufficient.