Served with rice or quinoa, this healthy dish is balanced and tasty. Sweet Potato Stew is a recipe that will please the whole family.
Sweet Potato Stew
Served with rice or quinoa, this healthy dish is balanced and tasty. Sweet Potato Stew is a recipe that will please the whole family.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 onion
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp cumin
- a little olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop the onion. Peel the sweet potato and cut into cubes.
- Cook the onion and garlic cloves in oil for about 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, spinach, coconut milk, and spices and mix together. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 1315mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 33090IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 5mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Lucen Greenleaf says
This is amazing!!