This recipe of stuffed potatoes with chickpeas is a gift for your body. It will allow you to stock up on protein, and it’s also really gourmet. Roasted vegetables are always a hit, but it’s the sweet potato that wins the prize for tastiest. Stuffed, it turns into a complete and comforting meal.
Low caloric, but very energetic, the chickpea deserves a good place in your menus. Just think about it the day before: after 12 hours of soaking and 30 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes of cooking, it is the perfect protein element for vegetarian meals.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Servings: 4
- 4 Sweet potatoes
- 1 cup precooked chickpeas or 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 pinch Cumin
- 1 pinch Coriander
- 1 pinch Turmeric
- 1 pinch Paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 filet Olive oil
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 450 F˚. Clean the sweet potatoes with a brush, and prick them with a fork. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 min.
- In a bowl, mix chickpeas with the tomatoes, the green onions, and the spices.
- Prepare the sauce. Mix the tahini with lemon juice and the maple syrup.
- Let the sweet potatoes cool for a few minutes, then cut them in 2 and mash the flesh a little bit.
- Stuff the sweet potatoes gently with the chickpea mixture and drizzle with tahini sauce.