This appetizing salad of multicolored bell peppers is perfect to make when colorful bell peppers are plentiful. It goes well with pastas and grain dishes, and as a side dish for vegan burgers and wraps. Photos by Rachael Braun.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 medium-large green bell pepper, cut into very thin 2-inch long strips
- 1 medium-large red bell pepper, cut to match green pepper
- 1 medium-large yellow or orange bell pepper, cut to match green pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a shallow container.
Let the salad stand for at least an hour before serving, stirring several times. If your kitchen is warm while making this, let it stand in the refrigerator. Allowing it to marinate overnight is ideal.
Taste to adjust the sweet/tangy balance, adding a bit more vinegar, agave, salt and/or pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl. This exudes a bit of liquid as it stand, so serve with a slotted spoon.
Variation: Add a quarter of a red onion, thinly sliced, to the mix, especially if you can allow this to marinate for a longer stretch.
- Here are more recipes using bell peppers.
Leave a Reply