This simple pumpkin bisque is warm, comforting, and packed with sweet and savory pumpkin flavors. It's the perfect soup for Fall!
If you’re in the mood for a savory, creamy soup, this easy pumpkin bisque is sure to hit the spot. It's the perfect Fall comfort food.
This pumpkin bisque is:
- Rich and creamy.
- Packed with curry flavor.
- Quick & easy to make in under 30 minutes.
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
And if you love this pumpkin soup, be sure to check out our other delicious vegan soup recipes, or these tasty ideas:
Recipe contributed by Jon Robertson and Robin Robertson, from Vegan Unplugged.
Easy Pumpkin Bisque
This simple pumpkin bisque is warm, comforting, and packed with sweet and savory pumpkin flavors. It's the perfect soup for Fall!Print Pin Rate Email
- 15 oz pumpkin puree canned
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 15 oz coconut milk canned, unsweetened
- 1 cup vegetable broth canned or made with a bouillon cube
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas) optional, to garnish
- Combine the pumpkin, curry powder, and brown sugar in a pot over medium heat.
- Whisk in the coconut milk a little at a time until smooth.
- Add the vegetable broth a little at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. You may not use the full cup. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer the soup for 10 minutes to allow flavors to develop, stirring occasionally.
- Taste to adjust seasonings and serve hot, garnished with pumpkin seeds, if desired.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 477mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 16685IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 5mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Leave a Reply