If you’re in the mood for a savory, creamy soup, this is as close as you’re going to get from a canned-goods pantry. If you like the flavor combination of curry and pumpkin, like we do, you’ll make this treat even after they lights come on. Recipe contributed by Jon Robertson and Robin Robertson, from Vegan Unplugged.
Vegan Curry-Spiced Pumpkin Bisque
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 (15 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth (canned or made with a bouillon cube)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional garnish)
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
- Whisk in the coconut milk a little at a time until smooth.
- Add up to a cup of the vegetable broth to achieve the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to develop, stirring occasionally.
- Taste to adjust seasonings and serve hot, garnished with pumpkin seeds, if desired.
- Explore other recipes for hearty winter soups.