This flavorful warm potato salad, enhanced with zucchini and artichoke hearts, can be made any time of year. Its seasonal personality enhanced by either rosemary (for cooler months) or basil (for warmer weather). Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 4 to 5 medium red-skinned potatoes
- 1 medium or small zucchini
- ½ cup sliced fennel or diced celery
- 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips, with about 2 tablespoons of their oil (or 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil if not using oil-packed)
- Leaves from 1 to 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, to taste, or sliced fresh basil leaves as desired
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, optional
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider, red wine, or white wine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes well and cook or microwave them in their skins until done but still firm.
- Halve the zucchini lengthwise, then slice thinly. Combine in a serving container with the fennel or celery, artichoke hearts, and dried tomatoes.
- When the potatoes are just cool enough to handle, but still nice and warm, cut them into large dice and stir into the serving container.
- Add the fresh herbs (rosemary for a wintery flavor, basil for a more summery taste) and optional pine nuts.
- Stir gently, then season with vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve at once.
Per serving: 205 calories; 8g fat; 190mg sodium; 31g carbs; 5g fiber; 4g protein
- See more of VegKitchen’s recipes for potato salads.