A light and rustic dip that easily accompanies any meal, serve this creamy concoction with whole-grain bread, crudités, or whole-wheat pitas or as a sandwich spread. Recipe from The Vegiterranean Diet: The New and Improved Mediterranean Eating Plan — with Deliciously Satisfying Vegan Recipes for Optimal Health* by Julianna Hever © 2014 Da Capo Lifelong Book, reprinted by permission. Photos by Nicole Axeworthy.
White Bean and Rosemary Dip
A light and rustic dip that easily accompanies any meal, serve this creamy white bean dip with whole-grain bread, crudités, or whole-wheat pitas or as a sandwich spread.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 8 to 10
- ¾ to 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- Two 15-ounce cans cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice with zest
- Pinch of salt and pepper or more to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable stock, garlic, and rosemary to a boil over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Once hot, add the beans and reduce heat.
- Simmer over low heat until beans soften, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- With an immersion blender or transferred into a standing blender, puree until smooth, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 or 5 days.
Calories: 3kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Visit Julieanna Hever at The Plant-Based Dietician.
* This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
This recipe looks awesome and I'm going to make it today. Thankyou!
I hope you enjoy it, Amanda. Let us know!