Black Bean and Corn Salad
Corn and black beans look and taste enticing together in this Southwestern-inspired salad. Embellished with tomato, avocado, and lime juice, this makes a great potluck dish for a crowd if you double the recipe.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 cups or one 15- to 16-ounce can drained and rinsed) black beans
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels, preferably fresh (from 2 large or 3 medium ears)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halves
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, optional
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup good-quality vinaigrette (homemade or store-bought), or as needed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients except the salt and pepper in a serving container and toss together thoroughly. Use enough vinaigrette to coat and flavor the ingredients but not drench them.
This can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated (covered) until needed. Bring to room temperature and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Here are more tasty and easy bean salads.