Cabbage, Apple, and Raisin Slaw
This colorful and naturally sweet medley of cabbage, apples, and raisins has an appealing crunch. It’sgreat for everyday as well as holiday meals. Adapted from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook.
- 3 to 4 cups coarsely shredded green or red cabbage (or a combination)
- 1 large Granny Smith or other crisp apple, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large celery stalks, peeled if desired, and cut diagonally
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together well. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes or so before serving.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.
- Return to A Colorful Vegan Christmas (Vegetarians Welcome!) for a complete listing of holiday dinner recipes, menus, and desserts.
One comment on “Cabbage, Apple, and Raisin Slaw”
Pingback: A Colorful Vegan Christmas | Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes: In a Vegetarian Kitchen