Dark Chocolate Coconut Mousse
Dark chocolate coconut mousse is delicious any time of day! The secret to this simple and luscious 3-ingredient mousse is to thicken it up with a small amount of chia seeds, rather than arrowroot or cornstarch, which might make it lumpy. And it takes 10 minutes or less of hands-on time. Recipe by Leslie Cerier, developed for Equal Exchange with their organic dark chocolate chips. Chocolate is even more delectable when you know it’s fair trade. Photo by Tracey Eller.
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate chips or organic dark chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- 13.5 oz can organic whole coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Optional for topping:
- Vegan whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small pan on low heat stirring occasionally for a minute or 2.
- Pour the coconut milk into a blender.
- Add melted chocolate and chia seeds. Blend it all together. Taste and add more melted chocolate, if desired.
- Pour into 4 ramekins. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve with optional toppings
Notes on topping options: Use a readymade vegan whipped cream or make your own if you’re feeling more ambitious; fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries go well with this too, with or without the whipped cream.