Easy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Roasted red peppers from a jar plus silken tofu equal a quick route to a flavorful sauce or dip You can use this for raw veggies or tortilla chips, or as a spread for fresh pita bread. It’s also good dolloped onto simple vegan quesadillas, or as a sauce for potatoes, sweet potatoes, and grains.
Makes: About 1 1/2 cups
- 3/4 cup firm silken tofu (about half of a 12.3-ounce package)
- 6-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped, optional (see note)
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or the container of an immersion blender. Process until smooth, then transfer to a serving container. Serve as suggested in the headnote.
Note: If you like the idea of using garlic, but don’t like it raw, you can sauté it in a little olive oil before adding.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.