Baked Tofu, Arugula, and Olive Wraps
Baby arugula livens up the flavor of this simple wrap featuring baked tofu, crisp cucumber, and olives. It’s quick and delicious and makes for a great portable lunch or an easy dinner entree served with soup, baked potatoes or sweet potatoes and/or corn on the cob, depending on appetite.
Makes: 2 wraps, doubles easily
(or halve the recipe for one wrap)
- Two 10- to 12-inch wraps
- Vegan mayonnaise, as needed (or see Variations)
- A drizzle of mustard, optional
- Two big handfuls of baby arugula leaves
- 4 ounces baked tofu, any variety (half of an
8-ounce package), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crisp cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped briny black olives
Place a wrap on a plate. Spread with vegan mayonnaise. Add a drizzle of mustard down the center, if you’d like.
Put a big handful of leafy greens in the center. Arrange a row of baked tofu strips next to it; make rows of cucumber and olives, as shown in the photo.
Fold about 3 inches of the wrap over the ingredients on two sides, keeping it tucked in as you roll the wrap snugly to enclose all the ingredients. Cut in half with a sharp knife and serve at once, or pack up to take to school or work in a container that will protect it from getting smooshed.
- For even more flavor, substitute hummus or pesto for the vegan mayo.
- Substitute baby spinach for the arugula, or use half of each.