Broccoli and Dried Tomato Pizza
Serves: 3 to 4
- One 12- to 14-inch good-quality pizza crust
- 1 cup good-quality marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups grated vegan mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups bite-sized broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1/3 cup moist, thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
(oil-cured or not, as you prefer)
- Several basil leaves, thinly sliced, optional
Preheat the oven to 425º F.
Place the crust on a pan, spread the sauce or ricotta cheese evenly over it, and sprinkle on the remaining ingredients in the order given.
Bake until the cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, let stand for 2 to 3 minutes, and cut into 4 or 6 wedges to serve.
Tip: Since I don’t have a pizza stone and pizza wheel, I often cut the crust with kitchen sheers even before putting the toppings on. Makes it so much easier to deal with when it comes out of the hot oven!
Variation: Make this a white pizza by replacing the red sauce with pureed silken tofu.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Easy Pizza Recipes.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and Pizza Dinner Recipes.