Here’s a delicious, easy to make, vegetarian and gluten-free recipe of this traditional Middle Eastern dish. Serve on a bed of salad or stuffed into pita pockets with a tahini dressing for a great lunch or dinner. Makes a great appetizer, too.
Makes 1 dozen falafel patties; Serves 4
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Place all the ingredients, except the oil in a mixing bowl, and mix well. Shape the batter into walnut sized balls or flatten into patties. Heat a 9-inch skillet. Add oil. Add falafel balls when oil is hot and flatten with a spatula. Fry on both sizes until golden brown. Serve on top of salad or stuffed into pita.
Variation: Swap 1 teaspoon coriander for cilantro.Print This Post