Slow Cooker Carrot Cardamom Oatmeal
If you’re not sure if you’re a fan of cardamom or not just use 1/2 teaspoon instead of a whole teaspoon. You can always add more before serving. This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that’s 1 1/2 to 2 quarts.
Serves: 2 to 3
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 cup organic carrots, chopped fine or shredded fine
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 – 2 tablespoons sweetener (I used agave)
- For serving: a pinch of saffron and chopped pistachios
The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add oats, So Delicious Coconut Milk, carrots, and cardamom. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
Stir in agave or other sweetener and the saffron if you’re using it. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon of pistachios and a pinch of saffron if you’re feeling particularly rich).
Print This Post