Spinach, Artichoke, and Chickpea Salad
A feast of color and texture, this salad is, a pleasure to make and serve, ready in minutes. It can be served in a larger portion as a main-dish salad (in that case you may want to toss in some additional chickpeas), or in smaller portions as a substantial side salad.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 to 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- One 15-ounce can artichokes, drained and cut half
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/3 cup oil-cured black olives
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red or yellow peppers, drained and sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice, to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss well. Serve at once.
Substitute arugula and/or mixed baby greens for all or part of the spinach.
Toss in some hemp seeds for extra protein and omegas.
- Here are more recipes for bean salads.
- Explore more way to enjoy spinach.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Main-Dish Salads.