Frozen Mixed Berry Fizz
Off-season, you can use frozen berries, though I think this refreshing drink is best with fresh berries in season.
- 2 cups lush, sweet berries (any combination of blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup organic red grape or cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, or to taste
- 3/4 cup seltzer
Wash the berries and remove all stems and hulls. Place in a container, cover, and freeze for several hours or overnight.
Combine the berries in a food processor or blender and process until smoothly pureed. If desired, strain through a fine sieve to filter out the seeds, then return to the food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Process until smoothly pureed. Adjust consistency with more liquid if desired. Serve at once in tall glasses.
- Here are more recipes for summer smoothies.