With the dearth of fruits in winter, bananas are a good standby. Known for their high potassium content, bananas are also a good source of vitamins and minerals. The optional coconut yogurt makes a thicker, richer-tasting smoothie.
Serves: 2 to 3
- 2 medium ripe bananas, broken into several pieces
- 1 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh or canned diced pineapple
- One 6-ounce container vanilla coconut yogurt, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smoothly pureed. Or place in a container and process with an immersion blender. Serve at once in tall glasses.
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s fruit smoothies.