Greek Pasta Salad
Using pasta in place of the customary lettuce in a Greek salad makes it a substantial and lively main dish salad, as well as a great vegan potluck dish for summer gatherings. Take along some extra vinaigrette to moisten the salad if it is to stand for a substantial amount of time.
Serves: 6 or more
- 8 to 10 ounces ziti or penne
- 2 large firm tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Greek black olives, pitted if desired
- Tofu “Feta”, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup natural vinaigrette, purchased or homemade, or as needed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again.
Combine the pasta with the remaining ingredients in a serving bowl. Toss well and serve.