The jewel-like colors of this simple tomato salad make it especially appealing. Use the ripe, flavorful tomatoes of mid- to late-summer for best results. This is delicious as a spread on fresh baguette or Bruschetta. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Tomato Relish with Fresh Oregano and Thyme
The jewel-like colors of this simple tomato salad make it especially appealing. Use the ripe, flavorful tomatoes of mid- to late-summer for best results.Print Pin Rate Email
- 2 pounds lush summer tomatoes use a variety of red, yellow, and heirloom; mix in some cherry or grape tomatoes if you'd like
- ¼ to ½ cup minced red onion optional; if you like raw onion!
- 3 tablespoons chopped oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons French thyme or lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Splash of lemon or lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut the tomatoes into dice no larger than ½ inch — even smaller if they're firm, and you have the patience.
- Combine the tomatoes in a serving bowl with the remaining ingredients and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1334IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Per serving: Calories: 58; Total fat: 2g; Protein: 1g; Carbs: 8g; Sodium: 13mg
- Explore lots more summer tomato recipes.
Leave a Reply