Salad Bar at Home
Salad bars are often an appealing option for vegetarians at restaurants, so why not serve one in your own kitchen? Here are some items to place in individual serving bowls for everyone to take as they wish. Use as many as you’d like:
- Mixed baby greens
- Cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- Baby carrots or pre-shredded carrots
- Broccoli florets
- Coleslaw cabbage, pre-shredded
- Canned beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Olives, black or green
- Pickled beets (jarred), drained
- Toasted sunflower seeds
- Two or three different types natural salad dressings
or cruets of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Additions: Microwaved potatoes or sweet potatoes,
or fresh bread or focaccia
Strategy: If you are planning to serve potatoes, pop them in the oven first.
Get your family or guests together to open cans and jars, then place these items and the other items in serving bowls. Let everyone assemble their own salads.
- Explore other ideas for nearly-instant meals.
Print This Post