Use this dressing if you are serving a salad with a Mexican meal. Alternatively, use it to marinate cucumber, cabbage, or tomatoes. Recipe by Devra Gartenstein, from Local Bounty: Seasonal Vegan Recipes, by permission of The Book Publishing Company.
Makes about 1 cup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (mild or hot)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Transfer to a cruet or bottle and shake before using. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, where it will keep for a few days.
- See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.