Sephardic Date Haroset
Haroset is an intrinsic component of the Passover plate, a condiment made from fruit, nuts and wine. It symbolizes the mortar used by the Jewish slaves to build ancient Egyptian cities. Sephardic harosets are made in various ways, but usually contain dates.
Makes: about 2 cups
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sweet Passover wine
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Pat into a serving container and cover until serving.
- Get more on VegKitchen’s Passover: Sephardic-Style Seder page.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.