Makes: About 2 dozen 3- to 4-inch pancakes, 4 to 6 servings
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup nondairy yogurt
- 1 cup plain or vanilla nondairy milk, or as needed
- 1 1/2 cups firm, ripe strawberries, hulled, halved, and thinly sliced
- Nonhydrogenated margarine
- Maple syrup
Combine the first 5 (dry) ingredients in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the yogurt and nondairy milk. Stir until thoroughly combined, but do not overbeat. If the batter seems too thick, add a little more nondairy milk. Gently stir in the strawberries.
Heat just enough margarine to oat the surface of a non-stick griddle and drop the batter on it in 1/4 cup portions. Cook over medium heat on both sides until golden brown. Keep the pancakes warm in a covered casserole dish in a 200 degree oven until all are done. Serve warm with maple syrup.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s easy, festive vegan brunch recipes and menus.
- Explore more recipes for strawberries, blueberries, and other berries.